Calling all artists!!
Three Rivers Arts Council
Plein Air Painting Contest
9:00 am. to 4:00 pm. during the Three Rivers Festival at the beautiful confluence of the Otter Tail, Bois de Sioux and Red Rivers, at Welles Memorial Park in Breckenridge, MN. on Saturday, May 3rd. 2014.
Contest is open to everyone at all skill levels. All entries will be accepted in all painting mediums. Examples include work done on art boards, wood, canvas, or paper. No framed work please.
There is no entry fee.
Works may be for sale by artist. Works can be donated, with all proceeds to be used to fund future programming by Three Rivers Arts Council, a 501c3 non-profit organization.
A $100 prize will be awarded to the piece judged Best in Show. A People’s Choice award will also be presented. Winning pieces will be displayed for a month on our website, facebook page, and will be featured in the local paper.
- All work must be finished by 4:00 pm for judging/voting.
- Sign, date and title your work on the back of your piece or pieces (up to 3)
- All work must be started after 9:00 am. on May 3rd.
- All painters must be registered, entries must be blank, and stamped on the back at the entry booth in Welles Park.
- Painters must paint some perspective of the river or rivers Otter Tail, Bois de Sioux, or Red River in Breckenridge, MN, and be visible as they paint in that area.
People’s Choice award will be given at the end of the voting at 4:00 pm.
Best of Show
$100 cash prize will be awarded at the end of judging at 4:00 pm.
Artist of the Month – during the month of May on our website www.3riversarts.org